Estée Lauder was behind the scenes of fashion’s biggest night of the year. The annual Met Gala took place on May 2 and this year’s theme, In America: An Anthology of Fashion, instructed attendees to wear outfits and glam inspired by America’s Gilded Age. Three of our Estée Lauder Global Brand Ambassador’s took the “Gilded Glamour” dress code to new heights, walking the red carpet in opulent glam reminiscent of this period in history.
Want to recreate Estée Lauder Met Gala makeup looks? We’re breaking down each of our Brand Ambassador’s looks step-by-step and sharing the products you need to recreate them at home.
Makeup by Keita Moore / @kilprity
“I saw the dress and I wanted her to shine and use the makeup to enhance her natural beauty and give her an incredible glow." - Keita Moore
Get The Look
- First, I moisturized her skin with DayWear 72H-Hydration Sorbet Creme SPF 15. Then, I added a bit of Advanced Night Repair Serum for an extra boost of hydration and glowy skin.
- For her eyes, I wanted to give her a bit of sparkle on her lid and used the Pure Color Envy Luxe EyeShadow Quad in Desert Dunes. I used the Sparkle shade on her lid and applied it with my finger; it lit up her whole eyelid. Then, I used the Satin shade in her crease for definition and to make the shadow on her lids pop. It was a very simple beautiful eye that I finished with Sumptuous Extreme Mascara.
- For blush, I used the Pure Color Envy Sculpting Blush in Rose Exposed—it was the perfect blush to pop against her skintone.
Makeup by Georgi Sandev / @georgisandev
“I wanted Grace’s beauty look to have a romantic softness, with a graphic eye to complement her new short hair. I used a hint of light blue on her eyes which we took from the elements of her dress and accessories, with a pop of blush and a nude pink lip color—a perfect balance between fresh and glamorous. I have known Grace since the beginning of her modeling career and as this was her first Met Gala, I really wanted her makeup to reflect her true self: gentle, playful, full of life and above all—extraordinarily beautiful." - Georgi Sandev
Get The Look
- First, I moisturized her skin using Day Wear 24h Moisture Cream SPF15 which is really lightweight but hydrating. Then, I created a base for her lips using the Pure Color Envy Lip Repair Potion.
- For her base, I used Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup in 1N2 Ecru and 2N2 Buff, with Double Wear Flawless Wear Concealer in 1N and then finished her look with the Double Wear Sheer Flattery Loose Powder in Light Matte.
- To give her cheeks a dewy glow, I used the Pure Color Envy Sculpting Blush in 490 Mauve Mystique and the Bronze Goddess Highlighting Powder Geleé in 02 Solar Crush.
- To create her cat eye makeup, I used the Double Wear 24H Waterproof Gel Eye Pencil in Onyx and the Little Black Liner. For her icy blue shadow, I used the Pure Color Envy Luxe EyeShadow Quad in 05 Grey Haze and 02 Indigo Night and blended the Double Wear 24H Waterproof Gel Eye Pencil in Sapphire Sky.